Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: R2200364
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 11 paid holidays per year
* Hybrid working model (effective February 22, 2022)
* Casual dress code
Long-Term Internship - Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management (SSVM)
An internship with The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is not like your average internship. We can offer you a dynamic, collaborative and team-focused environment you won't find anywhere else. You'll be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the exciting world of financial services.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a paid summer internship in our Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management group. The FHLBC is looking to partner with a hard-working, high-energy student who is ready to put their knowledge to work. This individual should be ready to demonstrate advanced written, analytical, and spreadsheet / database skills while working on projects that include procurement/sourcing, vendor management, and other ad-hoc projects. Successful individuals should be following an academic track in IT/MIS, Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Accounting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students who are interested in learning how an internal department of a bank operates. This individual will be introduced to several new software programs and will gain valuable experience working with experienced senior team members to meet audit regulations and analyze financial statements. He/she will also act as a main point of contact for other employees of the Bank who have questions about Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management procedures. He/she will assist the vendor management staff managing vendors and learn about Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management domains.
We are a federally chartered corporation and one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) that, with the Office of Finance, comprise the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHLBanks were chartered by Congress under the Federal Home Loan Bank Act of 1932 to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. Each FHLBank is cooperatively owned by member financial institutions in its district and operated as a separate entity with its own management, employees, and board of directors. Our district consists of the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. We are regulated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, an independent federal agency.
The Internship includes but is not limited to:
- Learning about and support the Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management domains.
- Learning about the Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management process flows and requirements
- Analyzing data and building reports and creating presentations for various meetings.
- Obtaining new reporting skills through internal Tableau training courses with the Bank.
- Maintain the most current version and organization of all documentation relating to Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management.
- Assisting Vendor Management staff member preparing meeting agenda and minutes of meetings.
- Collecting and analyzing vendor performance data to create reports for stakeholders and the management.
- Supporting the group's activities to promote and maintain internal and external customer expectations.
- Assisting with administrative functions, various assignments and presentations as appropriate.
- Participating in Bank-wide events to learn about a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited institution.
- Applicants should be at least Sophomore status at an accredited four year institution.
- Should have a GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office - Access a plus.
- Desired fields of study include IT/MIS, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting. - Honors program a plus.
- The start/end date and work hours may be flexible based on school schedule.
- Two year internship program.
- Must enjoy working in a trading floor environment.
How You'll Make an Impact
- You will be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the exciting world of financial services, including the strategic sourcing and vendor management functions
- You will learn how an internal department of a bank works