Location: Champaign, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: ITINN006087
- Partner with the Learning & Development Program (LDPM) Manager to develop training, documentation, and any needed support tools/guidelines
- In partnership with IT leadership, develop and maintain the program curriculum and syllabus
- Work with other departments across the Bank to develop and facilitate meaningful curriculum rotations for the Technology Specialists
- In conjunction with the Talent Acquisition team and other bank staff, play a primary role in hiring for each program class, including attending job fairs, networking with local colleges and universities and screening and interviewing candidates
- Work with IT, Bank leadership and Talent on placement options and/or transition plans for program participants. In partnership with Career Development, outline a career path and individualized development plan.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with all partner teams and managers
- Support business growth and return on investment by learning and understanding current systems and processes to identify efficiency opportunities.
- Assist with the facilitation of process improvement initiatives
- Assist with the management of IT Projects
- Support IT communication efforts, as needed
- Administrative support of systems and special projects, as needed
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Proven capacity to understand complex business and technical concepts
- Experience with creating and interpreting process workflow logic, diagrams & technical documentation
- Knowledge of project and process management methodologies
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Smartsheet
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Work and make decisions independently to meet target deadlines
- Manage and evolve an existing high-potential early-in-career program
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to deliver programs that facilitate the execution of business priorities
- Provide effective, constructive feedback and development support to team members to improve team skillsets and performance management; Coach and mentor program participants
- Take initiative, be creative, flexible, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Effectively coordinate, facilitate and lead meetings
- Be detail-oriented
- Demonstrate agility to solve complex problems
- Navigate communication, both written and verbal, with all leadership levels throughout the organization
- Encourage innovative thinking by challenging the status quo and exploring new technical and procedural opportunities
WHY IT MATTERS
Leadership development programs are proven to help organizations achieve higher associate engagement, improve bottom-line financial performance, drive strategy execution, and increase success in navigating change. The IT Innovation Program Manager will be a critical component in realizing those results and the continued success of current and future development program(s).
EDUCATION, TRAINING & STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or education plus 5+ years' work experience within related field preferred; or minimum 10+ years' work experience within IT, project management or education; or minimum 5+ years' military experience
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and related federal rules & regulations preferred
- Prior management experience strongly preferred, including military and/or similar training experience
Standards of Performance:
Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and objectives of Busey.
Change Management - Champions and creates followership for change, and effectively navigates through uncertainty and difficult transitions.
Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service standards set by Service Plus (Busey's service model) in order to anticipate and exceed the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
Fostering Innovation - Develops, sponsors, or supports the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in job-specific knowledge that is necessary to provide the appropriate quantity and quality of work in a timely and efficient manner.
Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
People Management - Clarifies and communicates performance expectations; provides ongoing behavioral feedback and guidance on job performance; provides opportunities and gives recognition; listens and keeps others informed; creates an enjoyable, supportive work environment; confronts problems, exercises discipline and resolves conflict fairly and constructively; models integrity and builds trust; delegates responsibility as appropriate; and effectively makes decisions and sets goals.
Planning and Organizing - Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources. Plans and organizes own activities to accomplish pre-determined standards or procedures. Seeks clarity on priorities as needed. Monitors the quality and timeliness of own work. Responsibly uses the resources at one's immediate disposal. Checks progress and take corrective actions as required.
Oral Communication - Communicating ideas and information verbally to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors.