Location: Champaign, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: COMME005990
The Syndication Manager is responsible for coordinating complex syndicated and bilateral loans for Commercial Banks. The team works closely with the Busey origination businesses, ensuring that all necessary information is reviewed for operational feasibility and optimal execution. The team partners with various internal and external parties, including all internal business segments, partner financial institutions, legal and compliance.
- Act as Busey's single point of contact to proactively manage and maintain a portfolio of complex structured leveraged and high-grade loan transactions for Commercial Banks
- Support multiple business segments and all regions in coordinating the execution and closing of complex structured loan transactions, including, but not limited to, new deals, refinancings, amendments, and acquisition financings
- Provide ownership and complete operational oversight on syndicated loan transaction closing mechanics to ensure all closing requirements such as closing documentation, regulatory requirements and conditions precedent are met prior to deal execution
- Serve as system administrator for syndication platform
- Monitor market and competitor trends to align our pricing, offers and partnership efforts
- Review and comment on legal loan documentation for operational feasibility, optimal execution mechanics, regulatory requirements and mitigation of operational risk
- Review internal loan-related spreadsheets (e.g. funds flows) for accuracy and completeness
- Preparation of Confidential Information Memorandums to be reviewed with other financial institutions
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (i.e. Debt Capital Markets, Syndicate, Credit Risk, Loan and Agency Services, Product Control, Legal, Trade Settlements, Borrowers and Lenders)
- Review and advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements
- Assist with ad-hoc inquiries from Borrowers, Lenders, and Arrangers pertaining to the closing process and ongoing maintenance
- Schedule internal conference calls to ensure pre-closing requirements have been met and resolve or escalate any outstanding issues
- Assist internal colleagues with fee documentation and recognition
- Execution of best practices and control, risk mitigation and escalation point of contact
- Lead and act as SME in projects and provide valuable input with various working groups created to enhance performance and efficiency
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Loan products and the syndicated loan business
- Financial services, specifically within commercial banking
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Multi-task and work independently
- Build relationships with internal partners and external financial institutions
- Analyze and solve problems
- Review and negotiate operational and regulatory terms within legal loan documentation
- Take independent action within established guidelines and develop new procedures and approaches when needed
- Perform duties under frequent time pressures
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Requires Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Business, Finance or related field.
- Requires 5+ years of Syndicated Loan operational and coordination experience.
- Syndication desk platform operation and experience preferred.
- Requires proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Management and leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nCino systems preferred.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service standards set by Service Excellence in order to anticipate and exceed the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
- Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in job-specific knowledge that is necessary to provide the appropriate quantity and quality of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and objectives of Busey.
- Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
- Interactive Communication - Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication.
- Attention to Detail - Working in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner.
- Information Gathering and Processing - Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
- Analytical Thinking - Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
Duties are performed in an office setting and include physical demands such as the manual dexterity and skill to operate standard office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be considered an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the people so classified.
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors.