Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: R2300118
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 11 paid holidays per year
* Hybrid working model (effective February 22, 2022)
* Casual dress code
Who we are:
FHLBank Chicago partners with our members in Illinois and Wisconsin to provide them competitively priced funding, a reasonable return on their investment in the Bank, and support for their community investment activities. We are one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks created by Congress in 1932 as a government sponsored enterprise to support mortgage lending and community investment. We are member owned and member focused. Our members include banks, credit unions, insurance companies and CDFIs.
What it's like to work here:
At FHLBank Chicago, we bring people together. Our regular All-Staff meetings keep employees informed and our values drive the work that we do. Our Buddy Program pairs new hires with tenured employees to guide their onboarding. Our Employee Value Proposition is honed by listening and identifying the needs and priorities of our valued employees. Through CommuniTeam, we volunteer and identify ways to strengthen our communities. Our Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) hosts signature and employee-led events for continued learning; and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and culture clubs create connections around shared interests and experiences. We offer live and on-demand professional development opportunities to grow your skillset and your career.
What you'll do:
Supports and liaises with Members, counterparties, business partners, Participating Financial Institutions (PFI), and internal constituents, with transaction execution, validation, balancing, and reporting for Advances, Letters of Credit, Term Deposits, Capital Stock, Wires, ACH, investments, pledging and releasing of collateral, other bank assets, liabilities, and derivatives.
How you'll make an impact:
- Contribute to a high-performing team dedicated to cultivating a positive image of the Bank through excellent customer service to our members.
- Efficiently and accurately, manage day-to-day banking operations while adhering to Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate across teams to problem solve and discover solutions that meet Bank needs and enhance member experience.
What you can expect:
- Assist Members in the execution of required documentation, transaction processing, account set up and maintenance, ACH processing, and funds transfer.
- Manage the resolution of account issues ranging from basic to complex with a high level of service. This may involve working jointly with other departments and/or communicating across groups.
- Support the accurate and timely resolution of Member and internal constituents questions and concerns. Offer assistance that is in compliance with bank policies, procedures, and business processes.
- Measure, monitor, and report all inbound and outbound departmental reports and metrics.
- Manage the flow of documentation and related communication in and out of the Bank.
- Assist in departmental and group cross-training to enhance staff skill building in other areas of the department and group.
- Systematic gathering, recording, assigning meaning, and suggesting conclusions from a quantitative and qualitative, risk, return, perspective with the goal of supporting decision making, enhancing products, product design, metric reporting, and support of training.
- Review Bank financial information for collateral and credit determination.
What you'll bring:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Summit experience a plus
- 0 - 3 years of experience working in investment banking, trust, trading, general banking, collateral, underwriting, residential mortgage, negotiable securities, and operations.
- Bachelors degree
- Financial industry experience a plus
- High degree of professionalism, customer service skills, attention to detail with respect to documentation, following policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and applicable laws.
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written and listening) skills.
- Critical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong initiative and ability to take an active role to drive results and integrating feedback to/from operational leadership
- The analytical capability to evaluate internal and external forces to understand the best methods for successfully accomplishing a variety tasks.
At FHLBank Chicago, employees come first. We offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees. Our retirement program includes a 401K and Pension. Our generous PTO plan provides five weeks of vacation for new employees and 11 paid holidays per year. We offer work from home options and a casual dress code at our beautiful new space in the Old Post Office. Step into your future with us.