Location: Peoria, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: BUSEY005971
The Busey Bridge Engagement Manager will promote financial security, increase inclusion within economic development and champion economic mobility through partnerships and programs by:
- In concert with key community stakeholders in the private, non-profit and government agencies to invest in the communities the Bank serves
- Partner strategically with community partners in determining where needs are geographically and ensuring the educational resources match the need
- Partnership with market leadership in effort to manage, drive and implement strategies enhancing community goals; promoting awareness of products and services in (and around) the Bridge Center's surrounding communities
- Partnering with the Charitable Relations team, community banking and market leadership to establish and maintain relationships with community stakeholders to foster the development of CRA programs; also ensuring that events are targeted and have the desired impact
- Create, organize and lead presentations on financial, homebuyer, and credit education through;
- Impactful educational workshops, maintaining working relationships with community partners and internal associates to promote and support the center
- Deliver financial security, asset and credit building mentorship to community members, residents
- Connect associate subject matter experts with receptive community audiences to further impact
- Building strong relationships with current and future customers and the development of a strong needs-based sales environment
- Assisting with the development of Bridge Center goals and plans of action consistent with Bank objectives; source and identify potential referrals through sales calls and ensuring community is aware of Community Banking's full suite of products
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Demonstrated knowledge with personal financial concepts and coaching
- Cross-selling other needs-based bank products and services
- Strong analytical skills, including creative problem-solving abilities
- Organizational skills including attention to detail and follow through
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Educate and coach as it relates to financial decisioning
- Analyze financial information
- Extend sound judgment and diplomacy
- Collaborate with key internal and external partners
- Perform duties under frequent time pressures
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, service excellence, and support
WHY IT MATTERS
With an estimated 20% of US households underbanked, community development encourages the use of local resources to enhance economic opportunities while improving social conditions in a sustainable and holistic way that encourages local participation.
The Busey Bridge Engagement Manager will partner with community members, offering sound advice and actionable insight. Through service excellence, this associate supports the building of financial strength, supports workforce development, establishes mortgage and home financing options, advances small businesses and more--connecting with our neighbors and strengthening the community.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent
- Related mortgage lending or operations experience a plus
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office
Pursuant to the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act ("SAFE Act"), all Area Managers (if lending) are required to maintain current registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry ("NMLS"). If such registration is not active as of the hire date, the Area Manager must immediately attain active registration upon employment. Area Managers who fail to maintain an active and current registration will be unable to lend and may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Standards of Performance:
Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service standards set by Service Plus (Busey's service model) in order to anticipate and exceed the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in job-specific knowledge that is necessary to provide the appropriate quantity and quality of work in a timely and efficient manner.
Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and objectives of Busey.
Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
Business Acumen - Using an understanding of business issues, processes, and outcomes to enhance business performance.
Analytical Thinking - Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
Information Gathering and Processing - Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
Oral Communication - Communicating ideas and information verbally to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Duties are performed in an office setting and include physical demands such as the manual dexterity and skill to operate standard office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be considered an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the people so classified.
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, work authorization status, work disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors.