Location: Metairie, Louisiana
This is an innovative opportunity to work within both the Trust and the Wealth Management divisions to develop your knowledge while working with established books of business.
- Meeting with clients to determine their financial objectives, risk tolerance, and asset allocation
- Delivering advice on products and services, such as investments, insurance coverage and financial planning
- Seeking opportunities to expand relationships with existing clients through gathering additional assets or referrals to bank partners
- Maintaining compliance with all rules and regulations in the financial industry
- Identifying and pursuing potential clients to maintain a strong client base
- Committing to learning and developing as a professional financial advisor
- Administers assigned accounts in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and policies and terms specified in the governing instrument
- Monitors Trust accounts to assure administrative compliance with established policies, procedures and applicable statutes and codes
- Actively pursues new business opportunities
- Assist Plan Sponsor in plan design-401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Reviews all financial transactions in each account for accuracy and fee charges
- Processes contributions and distributions as requested by the client
- Responsible for annual administrative and investment account reviews
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of qualified retirement plans, IRAs and self-directed Health Savings Accounts
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with clients via written and oral communication
- Responsible for reviewing legal documents of prospects prior of account acceptance
- Attend client's meetings -Enrollment/Education
- Responsible for developing 401(k) proposals
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience in insurance, investments, or Trust sales and operations, preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- FINRA Series 7, Series 66, and LAH insurance licenses, strongly preferred (or ability to promptly acquire after hire)
- Knowledge of trust principles and regulatory matters relating to the administration of trust accounts
- Knowledge of ERISA, DOL and IRS guidelines
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License (or ability to acquire within ninety days of hire)
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Essential Mental & Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 15 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division any "undue hardship" then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company and its subsidiaries is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe in attracting, retaining, and promoting quality talent and recognize that our diversity is critical to the success of the company.