Location: Southshore Area, Louisiana
The Universal Banker provides quality, accurate, and timely customer service. Additionally, this role may involve and is not limited to processing financial transactions and providing information about the company's products, services, and benefits.
- Cashes checks and disburses funds after verifying signatures and sufficiency of funds to support withdrawals. Accepts deposits, confirming accuracy of transaction.
- Evaluates checks to verify endorsements, dates, identification of persons receiving payments, bank names, and overall legality of the documents.
- Prepares, verifies, and issues cashier's checks, bank money orders, etc.
- Balances all monies in cash drawers at the end of shifts. Accepts and counts inventories of cash and official items each day.
- Maintains a work area that ensures the safety of all negotiables and confidential records.
- Accurately conducts all credit and debit transactions including but not limited to receiving and paying of cash, checking and savings deposits/withdrawals, checking endorsements and loan transactions. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met timely, including CTR's, etc.
- Keeps proper cash supply while assuring teller area is secure; follows all security policies and procedures.
- Verifies Night Depository envelopes and bags and maintain accurate transaction logs.
- Responsible for providing most customer service needs in the bank, including platform support. This includes, but is not limited to, opening checking accounts, savings accounts, CDs and cross selling of other products and services. Proactively informs clients of products/services, profiles clients to identify financial needs and makes referrals when warranted.
- Explains product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product and services information to clients.
- Cross-sells and makes referrals to other lines of business to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participates in all On-Boarding of clients and all campaigns which includes calling clients.
- Delivers excellent customer services to all bank customers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal communication and math skills.
- Strong sales skills and open to culture of customer needs-based selling.
- Proficient with technology.
- Trustworthiness and the ability to act with integrity.
- Thorough understanding of customer service.
Essential Mental & Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 15 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division any "undue hardship" then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company and its subsidiaries is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe in attracting, retaining, and promoting quality talent and recognize that our diversity is critical to the success of the company.