Location: Ashland, Massachusetts
**New Hires are eligible for a $2,500.00 sign on bonus.**
It is the responsibility of the Senior Banker III to represent Middlesex Savings Bank to the public and to their colleagues, and to promote the Bank's core values and mission. They accomplish this by focusing on the customer experience, achievement of operational excellence, achievement of performance goals, solid decision making, and a commitment to the success of the Bank and of their team. The Senior Banker III assists the Branch Manager in overseeing the operations of a large size branch. The Senior Banker III promotes strong customer relationships as follows: conducts a wide array of customer transactions; recommends products and services in conformance with established Bank objectives; and assists customers with questions and problem resolution, as requested.
- Customer Experience - Develops an understanding of customers' needs and expectations, and offers products and services that address those needs and expectations. Develops new business by establishing and growing customer relationships, including utilization of business partners as appropriate. The Senior Banker III is proficient in all Senior Banker II requirements, technical and people skills. The Senior Banker IIII supports the branch supervisors in creating the best customer experience possible.
- Operational Excellence - Ensures quality and accuracy of work. Demonstrates sound technical knowledge, including of Bank products and services. Displays expertise with the Bank's digital products and is a resource for customers and other employees as needed. Performs branch settlement, basic recycler troubleshooting, and branch opening and closing as needed. Stays informed of alerts and other company communications. Acts as a resource to branch staff for operational questions and issues. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed compliance, security and risk protocols. Maintains proficiency in regulatory compliance. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and others. Maintains primary responsibility for vault cash, including cash orders and shipments, and the accuracy thereof. Ensures adherence to security and audit related protocols, including cash audits, safe deposit auditing, alarm testing, ATM settlement, and recycler operations and settlement.
- Teamwork - Is an active part of the branch team; identifies what needs to be done and steps in as needed. Supports the branch supervisors in implementing Bank policies, procedures and initiatives. Acts as a resource for other team members and supports branch supervisors in creating a positive work environment.
- Credibility - Follows through on tasks and assignments, manages time and priorities effectively and demonstrates flexibility. Expresses ideas well and clearly; uses professional written, verbal and electronic communications. Supports branch, division and the Bank's strategic goals. May perform the functions of an Assistant Branch Manager in absence of said manager. Opens and closes the branch and acts as manager in charge as needed. Performs the functions of a Senior Banker or Banker as necessary and appropriate.
- Decision Making - Makes decisions dependably and consistently in alignment with the values and standards of the Bank. Draws on knowledge, experience and insights and recommends solutions. Is proficient at recognizing and preventing fraud and acts as a resource for branch staff in recognizing and preventing fraud.
- Miscellaneous - Assists the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager in the caretaking of the branch facilities. Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers. Performs other related and unrelated duties as required.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent is Required
- Some college
- 3+ years of Banker experience or similar customer service related position within banking is Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work extended and weekend hours.
- Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25 pounds
Licenses and Certifications
- Must attain designation of Notary Public within 6 months Required
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled