Location: Champaign, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: COMME005834
- Oversee the accurate and timely completion of customer billing for commercial deposit and cash management clients.
- Oversee the development and delivery of reports to the commercial banking, finance and service support areas ensuring these reports provide meaningful insight into production volumes and timeframes and support analysis of line of business profitability.
- Develop, document, maintain and communicate procedures related to commercial deposit and cash management support functions within span of control.
- Develop and maintain risk monitoring tools, techniques and reporting related to ACH, RDC, wire and other electronic deposit and payment methodologies associated with commercial cash management customers.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of existing laws and regulations by incorporating adequate controls within processing activities, resulting in minimal audit and examination exceptions.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Risk Management and Internal Audit. Take appropriate action to create positive outcomes that support risk mitigation, growth, efficient processing, and positive customer service experiences.
- Develop and monitor key performance metrics utilized to measure performance of functions within the team in regards to risk/compliance related items. Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement corrective action to improve performance that is not meeting established minimal acceptable performance standards.
- Participate in and lead activities related to bank and system integrations ensuring minimal disruptions to customer service and ensuring accuracy of data throughout the process.
- Participate in the implementation of software upgrades to increase productivity and comprehensive use of systems capabilities.
- Manage and lead team of associates ensuring timely completion of performance reviews and providing mentoring and coaching to enhance the performance and development of associates.
- Develop and monitor staffing models to aid in the analysis of staffing needs, areas of significant effort where process reviews may be required to improve workforce utilization, and to facilitate analysis of changing staffing needs within the team. Demonstrate the ability to recognize and plan for high volume periods and take necessary actions to ensure appropriate staffing is available to support needs during these periods.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Strong communication, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Take independent action within established options and develops new procedures and approaches to problems when necessary
- Analyze and solve problems for which there are not always precedents
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time pressures
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Requires 5 or more years of cash management operations experience; a college degree in a business or finance field of study preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certified or successfully complete the requirements within two years of hire date, preferred - OR - accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certified or successfully complete the requirements within two years of hire date, preferred.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service standards set by Service Plus (Busey's service model) in order to anticipate and exceed the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
- Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in job-specific knowledge that is necessary to provide the appropriate quantity and quality of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and objectives of Busey.
- Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
- People Management - Clarifies communicates performance expectations; provides ongoing behavioral feedback and guidance on job performance; provides opportunities and gives recognition; listens and keeps others informed; creates an enjoyable, supportive work environment; confronts problems, exercises discipline and resolves conflict fairly and constructively; models integrity and builds trust; delegates responsibility as appropriate; and effectively makes decisions and sets goals.
- Analytical Thinking - Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
- Forward Thinking - Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Results Management - Organizes time, work, and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
- Oral Communication - Communicating ideas and information verbally to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
Duties are performed in an office setting and include physical demands such as the manual dexterity and skill to operate standard office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be considered an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the people so classified.
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, work authorization status, work disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors.