Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: R2300038
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 11 paid holidays per year
* Hybrid working model (effective February 22, 2022)
* Casual dress code
Who we are
FHLBank Chicago partners with our members in Illinois and Wisconsin to provide them competitively priced funding, a reasonable return on their investment in the Bank, and support for their community investment activities. We are one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks created by Congress in 1932 as a government sponsored enterprise to support mortgage lending and community investment. We are member owned and member focused. Our members include banks, credit unions, insurance companies and CDFIs (Community Development Financial Institution).
What it's like to work here
At FHLBank Chicago, we bring people together. Our regular All-Staff meetings keep employees informed and our values drive the work that we do. Our Buddy Program pairs new hires with tenured employees to guide their onboarding. Our Employee Value Proposition is honed by listening and identifying the needs and priorities of our valued employees. Through CommuniTeam, we volunteer and identify ways to strengthen our communities. Our Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) hosts signature and employee-led events for continued learning; and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and culture clubs create connections around shared interests and experiences. We offer live and on-demand professional development opportunities to grow your skillset and your career.
What You'll do
The Service Desk Team Lead will have strong leadership skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at one. You'll be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk, which includes managing individual team members and being a point of escalation to resolve customer issues or complaints.
How you'll make an impact:
- Lead process improvement initiatives
- Participate in planning relevant project, enhancement, and maintenance activities
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users
What you can expect:
- Leading a team of technical support representatives in handling incidents and requests from end-users about hardware and software
- Ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner by communicating with other IT teams within the organization as needed to resolve issues
- Participate in meetings with management to discuss customer needs and concerns
- Review reports from ticketing system to assess performance and identify problems that may need to be addressed with individual team members
- Monitor staff performance to ensure that technical support representatives are providing high quality service to end-users
- Maintain an updated knowledge base on industry standards and trends in technology, customer service protocols, and available resources
- Interview new candidates for positions on the team to ensure they have the right skillset for the job
- Take a lead role in promoting agreed best practice techniques and continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Other duties as required
What you'll bring:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science, or Information Systems and/or 3-5 year experience in a technical role
- Prior experience working in a financial institution is a plus
- Expert knowledge of IT troubleshooting principles
- Experience working on a team utilizing Agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Self-starter who works well in a team setting and as an individual with the ability to prioritize and organize competing work demands
- Detail-oriented, a critical thinker who has excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to address technical challenges and research/identify solutions by adopting ways of embracing new technologies and techniques when needed
- Interest and ability to working across multiple teams and working with vendors to understand business needs to aid in development of the right solution
At FHLBank Chicago, employees come first. We offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees. Our retirement program includes a 401K and Pension. Our generous PTO plan provides five weeks of vacation for new employees and 11 paid holidays per year. We offer work from home options and a casual dress code at our beautiful new space in the Old Post Office. Step into your future with us.