Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: R2300066
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 11 paid holidays per year
* Hybrid working model (effective February 22, 2022)
* Casual dress code
Who we are
FHLBank Chicago partners with our members in Illinois and Wisconsin to provide them competitively priced funding, a reasonable return on their investment in the Bank, and support for their community investment activities. We are one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks created by Congress in 1932 as a government sponsored enterprise to support mortgage lending and community investment. We are member owned and member focused. Our members include banks, credit unions, insurance companies and CDFIs (Community Development Financial Institution).
What it's like to work here
At FHLBank Chicago, we bring people together. Our regular All-Staff meetings keep employees informed and our values drive the work that we do. Our Buddy Program pairs new hires with tenured employees to guide their onboarding. Our Employee Value Proposition is honed by listening and identifying the needs and priorities of our valued employees. Through CommuniTeam, we volunteer and identify ways to strengthen our communities. Our Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) hosts signature and employee-led events for continued learning; and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and culture clubs create connections around shared interests and experiences. We offer live and on-demand professional development opportunities to grow your skillset and your career.
What You'll do
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to develop, implement and mature Internal Audit Department (IAD) operations to support the Bank's and IAD's critical activities.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develops new or existing operational strategies to enhance processes to increase value and efficiencies for the Bank and other FHLBs
- Encourages team members and business partners to optimize the technology tools available and collaborate for a positive experience
- Assists the team to meet IAD strategies and goals in a timely and efficient manner
What you can expect:
- Champions process re-engineering by challenging the status quo of current processes and implements improvements or alternatives
- Builds and recommends enhancements for current Internal Audit (IA) Group record keeping on the IA SharePoint site(s), IA directory and other workflow tools like MS Teams
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of IA activities, performance and other metrics for IA and Audit Committee reporting
- Assists with overseeing, validation and execution of a variety of ongoing internal and external project management (e.g. tracking completion of audit processes and deadlines)
- Manages procurements and vendors on behalf of IA with vendor management
- Liaison to internal and external inquiries and requests for information whether from internal audit, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), other departments within Group, Legal or the SOX group. May recommend appropriate procedural changes.
- Performs research for ad hoc business initiatives/assignments, including gathering, compiling and analyzing information;
- Serves as primary representative for Group to communicate updates and coordinate planning, reviews and testing for activities such as Business Resiliency, Record Retention and other significant initiatives impacting the group.
- Maintains the department policies/procedures manual and records; organizes annual review; processes ongoing updates;
- Continuous training to develop professional, technical and subject matter expert skill
Executive and Board Operations Management:
- Manages compliance to the Audit Committee charter
- Develops and coordinates Audit Committee (AC) meeting materials with IAD team and other Bank stakeholders
- Manages the communication (e.g. surveys, presentation development) and events between FHLB Chief Audit Executives
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 5-7 years of compliance or operational management. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Prior financial or auditing experience in Banking or Financial Services is preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office with sound proficiency with PowerPoint and Tableau.
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly acclimate to other data analytics/ visualization tools, such as MS Access, CVent, Tableau, Survey Monkey and SharePoint.
- Strong data analysis and data presentation skills.
- Proactive, highly organized, efficient individual with effective time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Highly professional, accountable person with strong attention to detail; self-starter, dependable and flexible.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact and develop trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders
At FHLBank Chicago, employees come first. We offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees. Our retirement program includes a 401K and Pension. Our generous PTO plan provides five weeks of vacation for new employees and 11 paid holidays per year. We offer work from home options and a casual dress code at our beautiful new space in the Old Post Office. Step into your future with us.