Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: R2300006
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 11 paid holidays per year
* Hybrid working model (effective February 22, 2022)
* Casual dress code
Who we are
FHLBank Chicago partners with our members in Illinois and Wisconsin to provide them competitively priced funding, a reasonable return on their investment in the Bank, and support for their community investment activities. We are one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks created by Congress in 1932 as a government sponsored enterprise to support mortgage lending and community investment. We are member owned and member focused. Our members include banks, credit unions, insurance companies and CDFIs (Community Development Financial Institution).
What it's like to work here
At FHLBank Chicago, we bring people together. Our regular All-Staff meetings keep employees informed and our values drive the work that we do. Our Buddy Program pairs new hires with tenured employees to guide their onboarding. Our Employee Value Proposition is honed by listening and identifying the needs and priorities of our valued employees. Through CommuniTeam, we volunteer and identify ways to strengthen our communities. Our Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) hosts signature and employee-led events for continued learning; and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and culture clubs create connections around shared interests and experiences. We offer live and on-demand professional development opportunities to grow your skillset and your career.
What You'll do
In this role, you'll be responsible for technical design and coding focused on development and support of data integration pipelines supplying the enterprise Data Lakehouse repository and related ETL (exact, transform and load) processes using Spark, Databricks, Fivetran, AWS and other technologies. In addition to creation and maintenance of data lake systems this job is also responsible for data ETL, data curation and data quality check processes. This position supports the long-term corporate analytics and data-driven transformation as a key resource within the Data Engineering team and works in an Agile environment.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to transform the way the company leverages and uses analytics to drive business decisions. You will be part of a team building an enterprise-class platform that delivers value by empowering data-driven decisions based on centralized, high-quality data.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a team leading an enterprise IT and business transformational change to modernize the enterprise data and analytics platform using cutting-edge technology such as Databricks/Lakehouse, AWS, Spark and cloud-based data tools.
- Help to deliver a reality where insights are easily discoverable and where self-service data empowers the ability to leverage descriptive and predictive analytics to provide innovative strategies and solutions to support our members' diverse communities.
What you can expect:
- Be part of a team building and supporting an end to end data lake and data pipelines on AWS using Agile project management methodologies
- Design, implement and support an end to end Data Lake data pipelines using the technologies listed above as well as:
- Data integrity process using Databricks and related tools/processes
- Integrating Data Lake with 3rd party application APIs for downstream queries
- Access design and integrations for Data Lake users and applications
- Experience with AWS and related data technologies and concepts in the following areas is required:
- Spark (pySpark a plus)
- Delta Lake Formation
- IAM data lake security concepts/permissions
- Data Workflows & data automation
- Lambda Functions
- Data Onboarding - create, deploy and operational support of data integration pipelines from a variety of data sources including historical data loads and daily synchronization updates
- Support of data systems -- create and manage integrations and pipeline design/deployment of new systems and software into the enterprise Data Lakehouse as required based on business and technology needs
- Cross-functional team support - partner, support and integrate Data Lakehouse with key analytical systems such as Alteryx, Tableau and Sagemaker to drive data-driven analytic business outcomes
- Scheduling systems - experience with scheduling systems such as Control-M or Airflow
What you'll bring:
- At least 3 years of data lake, database and data management experience.
- Databricks, Fivetran, AWS or other similar data development or certifications are highly preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with large datasets and managing data quality and data availability at an enterprise level
- 4 year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as IaaS and SaaS and cloud-based storage platforms
- Good communication (verbal, written, visualization and listening) skills
- Self-starter who works well in a team setting and as an individual with the ability to prioritize and organize competing work demands
- Detail-oriented, a critical thinker who has excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Hands on technologist with ability to understand and drive/troubleshoot the target state architecture and work with others
- Ability to address technical challenges and research/identify solutions by adopting ways of embracing new technologies and techniques when needed
- Interest and ability to working across multiple teams and working with vendors to understand business needs to aid in development of the right solution
- Comfortable working with data APIs
- Good understanding data modeling and CDC will be a plus
At FHLBank Chicago, employees come first. We offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees. Our retirement program includes a 401K and Pension. Our generous PTO plan provides five weeks of vacation for new employees and 11 paid holidays per year. We offer work from home options and a casual dress code at our beautiful new space in the Old Post Office. Step into your future with us.