Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
The HR Business Partner provides tactical and strategic consultation to division unit leaders on talent management strategies in support of business objectives. This role supports HR programs and processes within the company including but not limited to, talent, talent planning, compensation, performance, organization design and development as well as other key initiatives. The HR Business Partner assesses and anticipates HR related needs of all business units and seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- Deliver value added services to division unit management to identify and align the talent and business needs of their divisions. Partner with division leaders to provide expert consultation on talent management solutions including talent acquisition and development, succession planning, organizational design and development, workforce planning, compensation, performance management, and associate engagement in support of business objectives.
- Work directly with divisional leadership to diagnose and analyze current and future talent needs, including workforce planning, development opportunities, as well as attraction and retention strategies.
- Facilitate organizational change on complex change efforts, i.e., major efficiency and process/performance improvement projects. Advise on organizational structure to keep aligned the business demands.
- Facilitate the Non-Executive Talent Review to include succession planning in division units. Partner with senior managers to identify and advise on and support the development of high potentials. Provide succession management support, including coaching, facilitation and providing feedback. Partner closely with Talent Acquisition to ensure equity and progression of top talent.
- Partner with divisional leadership to execute annual, recurring, and ad-hoc performance and compensation review processes. Provide consultation on compensation recommendations, with a focus on pay for performance ensuring consistency with the Company's compensation philosophy and compensation administration framework. Proactively manage performance and/or compensation concerns and/or issues.
- Collaborate with management and divisional leadership to assess and identify policy and/or training needs and solutions, post implementation integration activities and effectiveness measures.
- The ability to understand business goals as well as design and implement new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- Solutions focused and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Operates with autonomy and discretion; A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university
- 5+ years human resource generalist experience working with leaders in a medium-to-large, corporate environment is preferred. Financial Services experience preferred. Working knowledge of multiple disciplines within HR as well as general business acumen is required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, verbal and written communication, and presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to coordinate various HR functions and to respond to changes in the regulatory arena.
- Ability to interact well with all organizational levels.
- Ability to handle conflict from varying parties, up to and including senior management.
- Ability to use all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Travel throughout footprint required, as needed.
Essential Mental & Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 15 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division any "undue hardship" then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company and its subsidiaries is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe in attracting, retaining, and promoting quality talent and recognize that our diversity is critical to the success of the company.