Location: Westborough, Massachusetts
**New Hires are eligible for a $2,500.00 sign on bonus.**
The Information Center Customer Service Representative is a key role focused on providing exceptional service through various communication channels, including phone, email, and chat. The CSR is expected to be highly proficient in processing transactions, resolving problems, aiding in the resolution of complicated customer complaints, understanding and explaining all Bank products and services, and identifying customer needs and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Effectively communicates and assists both internal and external customers in a professional manner, identify their needs, providing information, and resolving complex issues via telephone and electronic means.
- Performs a variety of transactions for customers, including teller transactions, processing of checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties.
- Identify, support and resolve the service needs of both internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment that requires accuracy, multi-tasking and effective listening and communication skills.
- Builds a positive rapport with a diversity of personality types, maintaining a professional attitude and a positive manner.
- Navigate multiple computer applications while interacting with customers.
- Understand which products/services will work best to successfully meet customer needs.
- Interact with customers via the phone, chat sessions from the public website or within online banking.
- Respond to customer voice mail and email messages.
- Process account transactions, research requests and account maintenance requests.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the multiple ways customers' bank using online and mobile technology and branch offices. Explain the services and various channels.
- Identifies and assists with the migration of customer transactions to alternative delivery channels.
- Identify and report fraud or suspected fraud occurrences. Is continuously aware of fraud engineering threats and steps to take to protect customers and the bank.
- Provide online banking assistance with password resets, secure access codes, bill pay and stop payment requests.
- Provide assistance with debit card travel alerts, daily limit increases, card activation/deactivation, suspected fraudulent transactions and new card orders.
- Assist with loan applications. Address basic and complex loan inquiries
- Meets expectations for all call center related statistics, including but not limited to measurement of calls handled, not ready time and wrap-up codes.
- Complete all training requirements on time.
- Identify process improvement ideas with the management team.
- Protects customer information by following department security guidelines and procedures
- Complies with all applicable regulatory and department practices and procedures.
- Represents the Bank through active participation in community and industry organizations and events and promotes the business interest of the Bank. Refers sales opportunities to other departments or Bank affiliates in support of established objectives
- High school diploma required; some college highly preferred. One to two+ years' experience in customer service preferably in banking, financial services and/or inbound call center experience.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology, fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and multiple window navigation required.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency, excellent communication, customer service, telephone etiquette and grammar.
- Must be able to respond to high volume telephone inquiries, work extended hours, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.