Location: Maynard, Massachusetts
**New Hires are eligible for a $2,500.00 sign on bonus.**
It is the responsibility of the Banker Trainee to represent Middlesex Savings Bank to the public and to their colleagues, and to promote the Bank's core values and mission. This position provides the training needed to acquire and develop the skills necessary to function successfully in the role of a Banker I. The training period will include a focus on both technical skills, such as the processing of transactions and opening and servicing of accounts, and on advisory skills, such as uncovering customer needs and providing information on products that meet those needs. During the training period, trainees will promote strong customer relationships as follows: conduct a wide array of customer transactions, assist customers with questions and problem resolution, and recommend products and services as appropriate.
- Customer Experience Develops an understanding of customers' needs and expectations, and offers products and services that address those needs and expectations. Develops new business by establishing and growing customer relationships, including utilization of business partners as appropriate.
- Operational Excellence Ensures quality and accuracy of work. Develops sound technical knowledge, including of Bank products, services, and technology services. Stays informed of alerts and other company communications. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed compliance, security and risk protocols. Maintains proficiency in regulatory compliance. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and others.
- Teamwork Is an engaged member of the branch team; steps up as needed to accomplish team objectives. Supports the branch supervisors in implementing Bank policies, procedures and initiatives and creating a positive work environment.
- Credibility Follows through on tasks and assignments, manages time and priorities effectively and demonstrates flexibility. Expresses ideas well and clearly; uses professional written, verbal and electronic communications. Supports branch, division and Bank's strategic goals. Takes ownership of the learning and development process and partners with supervisors and training department staff to complete program requirements successfully.
- Decision Making Understands and complies with Bank policies and procedures. Brings requests for exceptions to branch supervisors as appropriate. Is aware of potential risks and alerts branch supervisors as appropriate. Learns to recognize warning signs of fraud and escalates appropriately.
- Miscellaneous Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers. Performs other related and unrelated duties as required.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent is Required
- Associate's Degree or some college is Preferred
- 6-12 months of cash handling or customer service related experience is Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work extended and weekend hours.
- Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25 pounds.