Location: Medway, Massachusetts
**New Hires are eligible for a $1,000.00 sign on bonus.**
It is the responsibility of the Banker I to represent Middlesex Savings Bank to the public and to their colleagues, and to promote the Bank's core values and mission. They accomplish this by focusing on the customer experience, operational excellence, achievement of performance goals, solid decision making, and a commitment to the success of the Bank and of their team. The Banker I promotes strong customer relationships by conducting a wide array of customer transactions, recommending products and services as appropriate, and assisting customers with questions and problem resolution.
- Customer Experience - Develops an understanding of customers' needs and expectations, and offers products and services that address those needs and expectations. Develops new business by establishing and growing customer relationships, including utilization of business partners as appropriate. The Banker I is proficient in all teller transactions, opening of personal accounts, basic business accounts, and domestic wire transfers, among other technical and people skills.
- Operational Excellence - Ensures quality and accuracy of work. The Banker I possesses a solid basic understanding of the Bank's digital products, as well as our other products and services, and demonstrates sound technical knowledge. They stay informed of alerts and other company communications.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed compliance, security and risk protocols. Maintains proficiency in regulatory compliance. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and others.
- Teamwork - Is an engaged member of the branch team; steps up as needed to accomplish team objectives. Supports the branch supervisors in implementing Bank policies, procedures and initiatives and creating a positive work environment.
- Credibility - Follows through on tasks and assignments, manages time and priorities effectively and demonstrates flexibility. Expresses ideas well and clearly; uses professional written, verbal and electronic communications. Supports branch, division and the Bank's strategic goals.
- Decision Making - Understands and complies with Bank policies and procedures. Is aware of potential risks, and alerts branch supervisors as appropriate. Makes decisions dependably and consistently in alignment with the values and standards of the Bank. Recognizes warning signs of fraud and escalates appropriately.
- Miscellaneous - Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers. Performs other related and unrelated duties as required.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent is Required
- some college
- 6-12 months teller or similar customer service-related experience within banking; or a recent graduate of the Banker Trainee Program is Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work extended and weekend hours.
- Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25 pounds.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must attain designation of Notary Public within 6 months. Required
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully:
Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.