Responsible for performing daily general ledger maintenance and accounts payable vendor maintenance tasks related to accounting & finance. This individual will produce daily, weekly, monthly reports to assist the Bank’s Senior Accounting Staff. Additionally the Bank’s Staff Accountant will be responsible for organization and updating of critical financial records and supporting documentation.
Staff Accountant will be responsible for the centralized processing of accounts payable. This responsibility will include receiving vendor invoices, inputting invoice information into the Bank’s workflow, and managing the routing process throughout the Bank. All vendors should have adequate documentation to evidence conformity with all state and federal regulations (e.g., W-9 forms, ACH payment information, OFAC-screening, etc.) and should be entered into the Bank’s vendor management platform. Staff Accountant will be responsible for general ledger account selection and ensuring conformity with internal policies and procedures.
Staff Accountant is responsible for performing timely reconciliations for accounts, identifying reconciling items, and bringing those items to the attention of the Bank’s Controller.
Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Senior Accounting Staff in the preparation of various financial reports including, but not limited to, the Call Report, Earnings Release, Borrowing Base Reporting, Annual Report, etc. This responsibility includes the preparation of supporting schedules with thorough documentation and inter-referencing.
Staff Accountant is responsible for producing periodic reports to be disseminated to third parties for compliance purposes. This individual will verify that reporting is accurate and maintain sufficient supporting documentation. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for any ad hoc requests from referenced third parties.
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with focus in bank accounting/finance.
• Familiarity with Automated Clearing House (ACH) requirements.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with ability to regularly communicate with third-party vendors.
• Interact professionally with internal teams and external vendors to acquire knowledge, resolve issues and manage projects.
• Capable of working independently and making decisions accordingly.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to think through problems and communicate solutions.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary.
About Freedodm Bank of Virginia
The Freedom Bank of Virginia was founded July 23, 2001. We are a local, full-service bank utilizing an optimized network of sales offices, talented banking professionals, industry expertise and innovative technology to build client relationships throughout the Northern Virginia/DC MSA. We have a full portfolio of financial products, including extensive mortgage offerings, to serve the business and personal banking needs of our clients and communities. Our banking entrepreneurs are dedicated to helping our clients and communities achieve success.