• Performs credit analysis of simple financial statements and collateral evaluations independently with direction of the SVP/Credit Department Manager.
• Conducts financial analysis to include spreading financial statements, ratio analysis, and industry comparisons.
• Analyzes cash flow and projections, including collateral and secondary repayment sources.
• Makes recommendations in accordance with sound banking practices in order to minimize risk exposure.
• Ensures commercial loan requests adhere to Bank policies and procedures.
• Works closely with loan officers in the preparation of loan presentations and analysis of the financial strengths and weaknesses of commercial borrowers.
• Verifies and analyzes financial information and prepares narrative analysis of findings on new loans and on existing loans; practices drafting loan presentations with direction of the SVP/Credit Department Manager. Requests additional information as required to complete the evaluation.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Minimum one year prior credit analyst experience.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with commercial loans.
• Familiarity with risk analysis tools.
• Possesses solid time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Strong computer skills, especially with creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility/adaptability under tight deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize and follow through on work assignments.
About MainStreet Bank
At MainStreet Bank we strive to bring talented, team-oriented individuals on staff to positively affect the organization’s Customer Experience. We have a culture to put our customers on the forefront of everything we do and we welcome applicants that share in that same belief.
Offering a wide range of positions, MainStreet Bank creates opportunities for employees to advance and develop their career. We invest in leadership and professional growth resources to build skills for today and prepare for tomorrow.
MainStreet Bank values the diversity of each employee. We recognize that collaborating our differences can help to make our organization exponentially more impactful.
At MainStreet Bank, we know that we are nothing without our amazing staff. We support our employees in their personal and professional lives helping to plan for the future with benefits that support physical, emotional, and financial wellness. Offering market-based pay allows MainStreet Bank to attract and retain quality individuals. We continuously review compensation data to remain competitive.