To originate permanent residential mortgage loans by developing a pipeline from outside referral sources such as Realtors & Developers as well as Branch referrals as needed. Maintain knowledge of Mortgage related products, services, procedures and policies as well as all applicable State and Federal Regulations.
1. Maintain knowledge of all New Peoples Bank products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory issues relating to daily job functions including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit, transaction and loan accounts.
2. Develop contacts with local realtors, developers, and builders to encourage use of bank services for residential mortgages.
3. Interview applicants to discuss their mortgage requirements, ascertain their capacity to repay, and assess the degree of risk involved.
4. Review loan applications, obtain applicants' credit history, and verify financial information supplied.
5. Advise applicants of options available to them, explain the differences between various types of mortgages, and negotiate terms and conditions of loan.
6. Process mortgage pre-qualification requests in an expeditious manner with adherence to all New Peoples Bank policies and procedures including but not limited to rate and term locks.
7. Update 360 View as needed.
8. Maintain knowledge of current conditions in the local real estate market.
9. Maintain accurate knowledge of changes in rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
10. Make sales calls to potential and existing customers to retain current business and to develop new loan relationships.
11. Demonstrate a helpful, professional, friendly attitude at all times and commitment to the high customer service standards expected at New Peoples Bank.
12. Serve as customers' single point of contact on all New Peoples Bank mortgage products and services.
13. Meet performance goals more often than not and actively participate in all sales campaigns.
14. Handle customer complaints or questions and determine whether manager input is needed.
15. Work in a team setting on various projects including employee contests, sales programs, etc.
16. Adhere to established standards and policies and procedures.
17. Deliver strong community visibility.
18. Provide assistance to Loan Officers with related duties.
19. Maintain knowledge of all security procedures and equipment.
20. Pursue personal development opportunities to improve knowledge as it relates to the position, compliance, and the Bank in general.
21. Maintain customer confidentiality in accordance with New Peoples Bank policies.
22. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
23. Regularly refresh knowledge of and familiarity with online, mobile, electronic and traditional products and services. Regularly practice/rehearse customer conversation and engagement skills around the entire suite of New Peoples Bank products and services. Invite customer respect by demonstrating product and service knowledge and engaging customers around the benefits of using them.
EEOC STATEMENT New Peoples Bank is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Passion for customer service.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proven sales skills.
Knowledge of FHA/VA regulations, conventional loan requirements, and real estate law.
Ability to organize time and work independently and also to cooperate as a team member.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Ability to master job specific software and hardware components.
Familiarity with personal computers and software used by mortgage departments.
Bachelor's degree and two or three years of experience in a mortgage department. Prior Mortgage Originator experience preferred OR successful completion of training within New Peoples Bank Mortgage department.
This position requires registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System
and Registry (NMLS).
Valid state driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation for making outside sales calls.
About New Peoples Bank
New Peoples Bank began serving customers in 1998; being the first bank in the history of the Commonwealth of Virginia authorized to open three offices simultaneously at inception. Now almost twenty-two years strong, New Peoples Bank is dedicated to serving communities from southern West Virginia, through Virginia’s Great Southwest to northeastern Tennessee. We help make dreams come true by financing new homes, new cars, and helping customers build wealth, assisting businesses with expansion, new construction, or addition of new equipment, and more. With twenty branches, a digital banking center, and live customer service at our ITMs, New Peoples Bank is a true community bank that provides high quality, state of the art, Golden Rule banking services. Look for new and exciting things to happen at New Peoples Bank!