Assist the BSA Officer in all aspects of providing ongoing risk based monitoring of transactions to assure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable rules and regulations.
The BSA/AML Analyst will assist in investigation of account transactions including currency, electronic funds transfers, monetary instruments and other transactions for money laundering, terrorist financing and/or other illegal activities; assist with gathering information needed to write suspicious activity reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain knowledge and practical understanding of all federal regulatory requirements applicable to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC regulations.
2. Conduct daily monitoring of currency transactions for reporting purposes.
3. Prepare and file Currency Transaction Reports
4. Conduct account transaction investigations to assist with preparation of suspicious activity reports.
5. Review and clear OFAC alerts
6. Follow-up on bi-weekly FinCEN 314a suspect reports.
7. Possess a good working knowledge of all regulatory requirements pertaining to the job function, including, but not limited to, BSA/AML, the U.S. Patriot Act, and privacy laws.
8. Satisfactory and timely completion of all required regulatory training.
9. Good working knowledge of lending related regulations, Suspicious Activity reports and CIP.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Internal Number: 1535
About CresCom Bank
CresCom Bank, a leader in community banking, is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and quality products to the communities it calls home, and prides itself on its strong knowledge of local business and economic trends. Currently, CresCom Bank has 61 branch locations throughout the Carolinas and also owns Crescent Mortgage Company. In 2015, Carolina Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: CARO) ranked #1 on American Banker’s list of “Top 200 Community Banks and Thrifts as Ranked by Three-Year Average ROE.” It was also added to the Nasdaq Community Bank Index (ABAQ) by the American Banker’s Association. As of June 30, 2018, Carolina Financial had approximately $3.6 billion in total assets. Crescent Mortgage Company originates loans in 47 states partnering with community banks, credit unions and mortgage brokers.